As we are nearing the end of 2016, businesses are starting to put together forecasts for the new year in order to plan and prepare for what lies ahead. One way your business should be preparing is by putting marketing techniques in place that are anticipated to be the biggest trends and will have the biggest impact on your customers. Here are 10 ways you can prepare for marketing in 2017, according to Forbes.
1. Customer experience: While most companies have already put a focus on making sure their customers have a unique and valuable experience, it is going to get a newfound focus in 2017 as businesses re-evaluate and adjust to ensure they have the best customer experience.
2. Better analytics: Being able to get data, understand it, and use it to evaluate what methods of marketing are working for your business is invaluable. As analytics are getting better, companies will have more opportunity to use that data to focus their marketing efforts.
3. Incorporate new technology: New types of technology are always coming out that make marketing easier for your business. If you aren’t already taking advantage of this, now is the time. Considering smartphones are in almost all consumers’ pockets and can give you increased ability to communicate, a text marketing campaign will help a lot here. It is the right start for marketing through technology.
4. Personalization: As we progress into 2017, being able to personalize marketing to specific customers is becoming easier. Through all the data your business is receiving, you can target specific demographics of people with your text marketing campaigns or social media advertisements. Customers have come to expect personalization, so it is time for your business to get on board.
5. More videos than ever: Videos rule the internet these days. It is very important that you are putting together short videos that help your customer in some way. Whether this explains information about your company or is a clever advertisement, customers are getting more and more interested in seeing videos online.
6. Social media marketing increases: The more we push into technology and use of smartphones, the more people are spending their time on social media networks. The idea here is that you want to be able to reach your audience in a place where they are most of the time and where they feel comfortable. Social media will help with this purpose.
7. Internet of Things creating data: With the IoT becoming a reality, the ability to collect more information about your consumers will help direct messages to them. More connectivity means more tracking time, and you can find out way more about your consumers’ daily habits to help determine how to best monopolize on marketing time for them.
8. More chatbox and artificial intelligence: AI is becoming increasingly more sophisticated with every day, and customer service benefits significantly. As we move into 2017, it is expected that businesses will focus on creating chatbox and AI customer service capabilities because it saves time and money for the company and is what the consumer is starting to want and expect from businesses. Two-way texting with AI is just one of the many ways to incorporate this into your customer service.
9. Marketing at the right time: One of the best things your business can do is pay attention to the data on when your customers are connected and when to push advertisements to them. By focusing your marketing on the correct time of day instead of just pushing it whenever you get around to it, you’ll have much more success in reaching consumers.
10. Bigger switch to digital: We are expecting to see a huge push to more digital marketing in the coming year. 2017 is sure to be a year where print advertisements and in-person marketing becomes a thing of the past, and consumers begin to see more and more online interaction.